Wiltshire Pension Fund is part of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) , with over £3bn worth of assets and c180 employers, we administer the pensions of c80,000 members.
We're rapidly evolving. We encourage our people to develop new and innovative ways of doing things.
This is a place where you'll get to challenge the norm and suggest new ways to improve service delivery. And you'll help us deliver better and more efficient administration of our members pensions.
In return, you'll discover a bright, dynamic and flexible place where you can build a career.
Our vision is to deliver an outstanding service to our scheme employers and members
Everyone's role in the Fund either directly contributes to the vision, or creates the foundations and environment which make it possible.
Being employed by Wilshire Pension Fund provides staff access to a generous remuneration package from Wiltshire Council.
- Holidays - you'll receive 26 days' annual leave, rising to 31 after 5 years and then 33 after 40 years' service, plus public and bank holidays
- Ability to purchase up to 20 extra days of annual leave
- Local government pension scheme - a fantastic CARE scheme with 1/49th accrual offering you and your family financial security when you retire. Being a member provides you with a guaranteed income for retirement along with protection for your family and loved ones. They could receive immediate life cover, a pension for not only your spouse/civil partner/ cohabiting partner but also eligible children in the event of your death in service. Other benefits include ill health cover, tax relief on contributions, flexible retirement and more! All our new employees are assessed against criteria and automatically enrolled into the scheme (unless you choose to opt out)
- Truly flexible working, roles are hybrid between home and the workplace where applicable, and flexibility also includes:
- flexi-time scheme (for most roles)
- compressed or part-time hours
- job shares or term-time contracts where appropriate
- Discounts and cash back from well-known major supermarket chains, high street retailers and on holidays and entertainment
- Subsidised rail - we can offer you 25% discount on rail season tickets
- Local discounts with retailers and service providers
- Salary sacrifice schemes which save tax and national insurance - including cycle to work and purchasing additional pension
- Discounted leisure membership
- Occupational health - offers a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle, including health screening and smoking cessation sessions
- Free seminars on managing your finances and planning for retirement
- Family friendly policies - we have a range of family friendly policies to support staff balance work and responsibilities outside of work including maternity leave, shared parental leave, adoption leave, maternity support and paternity leave, ordinary parental leave and carers leave.
- Development - Our HR / OD team have built an impressive suite of learning and training activities that provide a rounded and learner-centred experience. This includes a new learning management website that enables you to manage your own learning online
- Car pool - if you need a car for a business trip you can book a car. Our fleet includes fully electric vehicles and ultra-low emissions cars and electric charging points
- Car share scheme - if you share your commute with another employee you can benefit from reduced travel costs, while helping to reduce the number of cars on the roads
We positively encourage flexibility - wherever possible giving you the option to work in a way that works best for you.
Other flexible working options include:
• flexi-time scheme (for most roles)
• compressed or part-time hours
• job shares or term-time contracts where appropriate
Don't just take our word for it!
"My favourite thing about working at the Wiltshire Pension Fund is the incredible opportunities they have given me for growth and advancement. They've seen my potential and encouraged me to develop it by trusting me with increased responsibility, letting me really take on and own work and projects.
I've been with the Fund over three years and I've had tremendous personal and professional growth during this time. Wiltshire Pension Fund offers good benefits, flexible working, great career opportunities and invests in retaining and growing their staff - all in all it's a fantastic place to work!"
Mark Briggs CPMI, PRINCE2® Practitioner
Business Analyst and Project Manager
"Since joining Wiltshire Pension Fund in 2021 as an Accounting and Investments Officer I have been incredibly well supported to develop my skills and knowledge through regular internal and external training, enabling me to achieve the CFA UK IMC qualification. Professional development is actively encouraged and opportunities are always available for me to develop my skills and knowledge, having passed my recent qualification I am now considering what is next.
The flexible working policies are great, allowing me to balance a young family with work and home life. I split my time between working from home and using the high quality office space to meet colleagues in person."
Pension Fund Accounting and Investments Officer
Senior Investment and Stewardship Officer
|Salary:||£53,092 - £55,972 (inclusive of 32% market supplement)|
|Working Pattern:||Permanent Full Time|
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 11 December 2023
Wiltshire Pension Fund - Driving Financial Resilience
Are you passionate about responsible investment? Join our award-winning team at Wiltshire Pension Fund as a Senior Investment and Stewardship Officer. Shape the future of our £3 billion LGPS fund, driving impactful strategies and initiatives. Benefit from a supportive, collaborative environment with flexible working options.
We're committed to responsible practices, proud signatories of the Stewardship Code, and aiming for net zero by 2050 across all our portfolios. We embrace investment opportunities that emphasise both positive impact and returns. Our team thrives on innovation and excellence, continuously striving to lead the industry with our ground breaking work.
As our Senior Investment and Stewardship Officer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our investment strategies. You will be entrusted with overseeing and enhancing our responsible investment and stewardship initiatives, seeking impactful ways to advance our mission and deliver exceptional results for our stakeholders.
If you have a strong investment background, a proven commitment to responsibility, and align with our values, submit your CV and cover letter—apply now and make a lasting impact!