Member Scam warning
We have been made aware of a scam currently in circulation, where members are being asked to contact Wiltshire Pension Fund via WhatsApp phishing scam.
We can confirm that we do not use WhatsApp to contact any pension members.
We recommend that you do not respond to the message you have received.
Scammers often target pensions using a variety of tactics, including:
- Promising a better return on pension savings
- Offering "free" reviews
- Allowing early access to pension funds
- Using high-pressure sales tactics
- Encouraging investment in unregulated, high-risk opportunities
- Creating complex investment structures that obscure where your money is going
- Involving multiple groups, some of which may be based overseas, all taking a significant fee from your pension
Protect yourself and your pension from scams by learning how to spot the warning signs and what to do if you are targeted by scammers.
Find out more
- Avoid or report pension scams | The Pensions Regulator
- Pension scams | FCA
- How to spot a pension scam | MoneyHelper
- Pension scams